If blackberries are not in season, you could substitute it with a dark berry of your choice. It will give your drink a new twist.
Generally speaking, however, berries are high-fiber foods with strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. They may also improve your blood sugar levels and insulin response, help lower cholesterol levels, help prevent cancer, and are amazing for your skin. The combination of berries and black seeds in this drink, not only promote overall health but helps with weight loss due to black seeds reducing blood fat levels.
* Please note you can leave the alcohol out of this cocktail to make a blackberry and black seed mocktail if you so wish.
- 3/4 cups blackberries
- Tablespoon lemon juice
- Tablespoon sugar syrup
- 1/2 tot Campari
- 1 tot whiskey of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon black seeds
- Add the berries to a cocktail mixer or large glass and, with a spoon, squash them.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, i.e. Lemon juice, sugar syrup, Campari, whiskey, and black seeds, and fill up with ice cubes.
- Covering the top of the cocktail mixer or large glass, shake well.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with a thin slice of lemon.
By Karen Hatfield