How to make Black Seed Porridge?
This bowl of breakfast oats packs a punch and is all you need to get your day started! Oats are high in fiber and rich in antioxidants. It may also play a role in cholesterol and blood sugar control. Oats, being a low GI-food, also keeps you feeling full for longer, thereby curbing possible food cravings. Honey, too, has many health benefits such as its antibiotic, antioxidant, and blood cholesterol lowering properties.
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups organic oats
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup almond or cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon raw, organic honey
- 1/2 tablespoon black seeds
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Add 1/2 cup of water and oats to a pot, cover, and leave at room temperature overnight.
- Add the rest of the water, the almond or cashew milk, and salt and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Once cooked, serve in the bowel and top wit the honey and black seeds.
By Layla Hassan