People are exploring different ways to consume black seed with having to face the bitter aftertaste it leaves. In pushing boundaries and moving beyond oils and pickling, we discovered this black seed smoothie recipe. It may not make up for those gorgeous Instagram worthy pictures, but it will do wonders for your health. It has a very distinct flavor and one can also experiment with this basic recipe by changing the type of milk or fruits which have gone in this smoothie. Make yourself a glass or two to share with your loved one. The following recipe is for two. If you want to make it just for yourself, we recommend you divide the ingredients by half!
Ingredients required to make Black Seed Smoothie recipe:
- 2 cups of any non-diary milk
- 2 frozen bananas, chopped (one has the option to try different fruits here)
- 4 tsp. of black seeds
- 2 Medjool dates pitted
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tsp. cocoa nib (2tsp. in the recipe, 1tsp, for garnish)
- 8 drops of peppermint extract or 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped mint)
- Pour the non-dairy milk in the blender. Add in the frozen banana, black seeds, Medjool dates, cocoa nibs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and the fresh mint.
- Start blending it slowly. Increase the speed after 30 seconds. Do this till all the ingredients are well combined. Keep tasting side by side and make the necessary adjustments required.
- Once the ingredients are done, put in the ice-cubes in the blender. For this much quantity, we recommend 10-12 ice cubes. Blend slowly, and keep going until you stop hearing the crunch of the ice cubes.
- Taste and see if the ice is sufficient enough. If you are happy with the coolness level of the smoothie, pour it in a tall glass and garnish with coca nibs before serving.