Much research has gone into whether black seed oil has the potential of addressing obesity by helping with weight loss. The findings are positive. Black seed oil has many B vitamins. These vitamins give your body an overall boost while increasing your metabolism. In turn, an increased metabolism results in your body passively burning fats. By incorporating black seed oil in your diet, your body could potentially burn more calories than what it is consuming. The end result is weight loss.
But there is more!
Research indicates that black seed oil may curb your appetite. This means it could help you control your calorie intake. By eating less, your calorie intake is less. Add this to the fat-burning ability of black seed oil and you may see a steady reduction in weight. Another factor that adds to your weight loss when using black seed is oil is its ability to control your body’s blood sugar levels. Besides being an important criterion for people suffering from type-2 diabetes, correct blood sugar control is also linked to weight gain or weight loss.
How To Incorporate Black Seed Oil In Your Diet For Weight Loss
There are many ways in which you can easily incorporate black seed consumption into your daily diet regime.
- Take black seed oil as is. This means incorporating small dosages of the oil daily and then gradually increasing your intake as your body becomes used to it. Alternatively, you can consume it in capsule form.
- Drizzled over a salad. The slight peppery taste makes a great additional taste to your salad. Do not overuse it, though.
- Added to soups and stews, e.g. to your curry.
- Use it in your fruit and vegetable pickles.
- Try it in a fruit smoothie.
- Add it to yogurt. Mixing black seed oil in yogurt and adding lemon or honey gives you a healthy, delicious snack.
- Make a ‘honey bomb’. People have added black seed oil to honey before consuming it for centuries when treating medical issues. You could also add some lemon to the mix for added vitamin C.
- If all else fails, add a few drops to your favorite fruit juice, OR, add the oil, lemon, and honey to a glass of warm water.
- Eat the seeds as a snack. If you don’t like the taste, add some of the seeds to freshly squeezed lemon juice and allow to dry. Consume about ten seeds twice daily to help lose belly fat.
- Adding some lemon juice and three to four seeds to a glass of warm water and drinking also help with weight loss
Please note that these methods do not guarantee immediate weight loss. Black seed oil takes time to show results. Your results also depend on your body type and the different oil you use. Do remember, however, that overconsumption may lead to some adverse side effects. Also, a slow yet steady loss of weight is less stressful to your body and your chances of regaining the weight also slimmer.