Black Seed Oil is known to deal with many health conditions. It is also used to boost your immune system. But black seed oil is also conducive to hair growth, as many studies strongly indicate it may help reduce baldness by stimulating hair growth and improve the overall condition of your hair.
One of the compounds in black seed oil is thymoquinone. This is an antioxidant that has both anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties. Together, these properties reduce cell aging and slow down the hair loss process. The various proteins, alkaloids, and saponins in black seed oil also boost hair growth and reduces hair follicle inflammation in the scalp. The various essential vitamins and minerals, generally speaking, nourishes your scalp, while the oil provides great shine to your hair and prevents breakage. Another plus point is that it prevents dandruff.
Your hair is exposed to the sun, water damage, and chemical treatments. These all cause damage. By regularly using black seed oil, you prevent your hair and scalp from this type of damage. Essentially, it acts as a natural, chemical-free conditioner for your hair.
With regards to scalp health, it improves blood regulation and slows the cellular aging process. The implication here is that the graying process is slowed down.
How To Use Black Seed Oil For Optimal Hair Health
There are a few ways in which to utilize black seed oil for optimal hair growth and scalp health. Amongst these are included:
- Massaging your hair with some black seed oil for 15 minutes. Leave the oil in your hair for about 30 minutes before washing as normal. Remember to focus on the area where your hair is thinning. Repeat this process two to three times a week.
- Try using apple cider vinegar with kalonji seeds. Boil a few kalonji seeds in water. Rain the mixture on cooling and reserve the liquid. Add apple cider vinegar to the liquid and massage into your hair and scalp. Wash your hair with normal about two hours later. Try this hair treatment at least once a month for the best results.
- Mix olive oil and black seed oil in equal portions. Massage this into your scalp. Leave in for a few hours before washing your hair as usual. This treatment helps hair regrowth in balding areas.
- Grind up a few kalonji seeds and add the to henna. Apply the thick paste to the hair and keep it in for 30 minutes to an hour. Wash it off. This may add color to your hair and prevent hair from thinning out. Repeat this procedure twice a week for the best results.
- Use kalonji oil as a home hair spa mask. Mix together equal quantities of coconut oil and kalonji oil. Add a teaspoon or two of honey. Apply the mixture from the roots to the tips of your hair. Wrap your hair in a warm towel for between twenty to thirty minutes before washing your hair. You can repeat this treatment once a week.
- Bald spots can be treated with lemon juice and black seed oil. For this remedy, apply lemon juice to any balding spots and leave for twenty minutes. Shampoo and rinse your hair before drying. Apply black seed oil to your scalp and massage it in.
- The following is a treatment that may take some time to prepare. Grind together a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds and a tablespoon of black seeds. Put the ground seeds into a tall bottle. Add 200ml coconut oil and 50 ml castor oil. Stir and leave in a sunny windowsill for about three weeks. Make sure to stir the mixture every second day. After three weeks, strain the oil and apply it to your scalp and hair.